Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mail Notification

One of the problems of using Unix based OS is that it becomes damn difficult to check office mails. Outlook still doesnt have an equivalent on Linux. Neither Thunderbird nor Evolution support Exchange 2007. I am left with using Outlook Webaccess that sucks. I have been living with this for almost a year now hoping that Thunderbird or Evolution will support Exchange 2007 sooner than later but to no avail.

So, this weekend I wrote this small Mail notifier that checks my Outlook & GMail account and pops up a notifier when there is a new mail. I find it extremely useful. Hope you find it too.

http://code.google.com/p/newmail-notify/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If both of them have IMAP why not use Opera or Thunderbird?

Fasihullah said...

IMAP has some issues with Outlook 2007. My office earlier had Outlook 2005, and Thunderbird worked perfect. Now it doesnt :)