Saturday, July 28, 2007

Miles to go before I sleep

It is almost a year now that I started going to the gym... I started maybe just because I found it new... but with time I realized that I simply like running... And then I see NB [The geek sitting Next to me] running 4.5 km one day.... back then I could hardly run 1.5 km... I decided to run 5 km without stopping... at the best speed I could....

It took months before I reached anywhere close.... People came and people left.... I continued... NB got married..... No more working out for him.... And finally...... last Friday... I ran 6km... in 28 mins.... Coming to think of it... it is not a great feat or anything that I should be very proud of... But for me somehow it symbolizes doing what I once thought was impossible.....

Time and again I am reminded of Mr. Sur... My maths/chemistry teacher in Class X who once said that I should get a 99% in Maths..... A man can do what a man has done... is how he put it....

Running a marathon is all I dream of now..... Miles to go before I sleep.... And many promises to keep... and miles to go before I sleep.....