Wednesday, August 1, 2007

On getting drunk

Ok... To set the expectations right.... I dont drink... A teetotaler.... NEVER have I touched daaru (That is what I call everything.... From Desi tharra to Breezers (Fondly referred to as Juice) to Tequila Shots) in my life and never do I intend to.... that said..... I do get drunk..... by induction.... Initially everyone (including me) thought that I was trying to act drunk in a drunk company and later I realized that I totally enjoy the drunk parties... as much as anyone drunk dead would.. Comes in pretty handy.... You can get all the high that a drunk would get and you would not do anything silly that you may regret later...

So today in our office party today we were all drunk and we talked about all sort of things... from Marriages... to College Blues...

One of the more interesting topics that we talked about was about arranged vs. love marriages and that every guy tries at least once to find love but not every time does one get love... or people take "Mature decisions" not to go with what the heart tells them... the question was... will you be a loser if you take such a decision.... maybe yes or maybe not.... Before we could find out we realized the high came down... nerves were being touched.... so instead of finding answer to that we instead discussed the more interesting topic about not looking for love.... just flings instead... And back to being happy.....

But I being not drunk drunk... was forced to think of the more important question.... how many times do we let go off the more important things... the more painful things... how many times do we put aside a more meaningful question.... turning ourselves away from what we know matters to something that makes no difference... just avoiding... running away.... from life..... Living.....

No comments: