Monday, December 3, 2007

Economics for dummies - Introduction

I have always been fascinated with my uncle who claims ( and I totally believe it ) that over years he has squeezed the stock market to make money from it. He is a CA by profession and I once I took it for granted given his education background and I thought it best to stay away from it. However last year my company's finance advisor initiated me to investments and I have been hooked ever since.

I guess it is because of my educational background as an engineer (who, as Scott Adams rightly points out, are infected with finding out hwo things work :)

that I got really curious how the whole thing works. After a lot of Googling, I collected a few things, and I thought it might be of interest to someone on a similiar conquest :)

Please note that what follows is EXTREMELY rudimentary view of the system, and from the eyes of someone who is still in the quest of the complete picture. I would be more than happy if you could spot and point out any inaccuracies.

No comments: