Saturday, July 12, 2008

Movies: Life Is Beautiful

When:

This was a movie I saw with APS @ his hostel in IIT D. I saw this movie back to back with Schindler's List and Rise of the Evil both of which are also in my favorite list. Apart from the movie being just wonderful and possibly my #1 the watching of the movie itself was just wonderful and memorable.

Why:

I liked the movie because of its EXTREME simplicity. Of late I have realized that I see beauty in simplicity, the most beautiful to my mind are not the most exquisite and elaborate but the simplest. The wonderful music that plays in the background is also one of the highpoints of the movie.

What:

The movie revolves around a guy who believes that life is beautiful, through pain and despair he keeps smiling and brings hope to his loved ones and people all around him. It shows the power love has, it is love which gives him his ability to smile.

Wonderful movie... And I believe it too.. that life is beautiful... Just because there is always hope.... And love...